Sunday, March 3, 2013

28 Feb Tasting - Dibon Cava Brut Reserve



Name: Dibon Cava Brut Reserve
Variety: 45% Macabeo, 25% Xarel-lo, 30% Parellada
Region: Penedes
Country: Spain
Year: Non-Vintage
Price: $9.95

Wine Shop Review: Light gold with plenty of bubbles, this wine has aromas of apples and pears with pleasant floral notes. Crisp and light-bodied on the palate, stone fruit flavors are accompanied by a mild minerality and balanced acidity. A delicious sparkler for a great price!

My Review: Very bubbly, I think this is the second Brut reserve I've tasted at the Vintage Cellar.  Really noticeably fizzy on the palate, the most prominent flavor for me was apple.  The fruit flavors seemed to give it a sweetness, but on further inspection it was fairly dry.  Light gold color, but that was hard to make out over the bubbles; since we only had a tasting, it was hardly enough to see over the fizz.  The wine had a light body, not bad, although not necessarily my thing.

I did not have food with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment