Sunday, February 24, 2013

21 Feb Tasting - Morada Sangria



Name: Morada Sangria
Variety: Sangria
Region: Spain Country
Country: Spain
Year: Non-Vintage
Price: $4.95

Wine Shop Review: Morada Sangria is a traditional Spanish drink made with red wine and citrus extracts. Garnet color and fresh on the palate. Pasteurization preserves the color, aromas and flavors. 7% alcohol. It is a very refreshing Sangria with around 85 grams of sugar. Sangria is now one of the hottest items in the beverage industry and it's growing exponentially year to year. Serve well chilled, on its own or with lemonade and slices of fruit like peach, banana, and apple. 

My Review: Super sugary. The color was a nice light red, but I mean, it was essentially juice.  7% alcohol? And 85 grams of sugar? Yeah, it smelled like that sounds...like candy.  It reminded me of sweet tarts without the tarts...so just sweet.  Not for me, the sangrias I've liked have tasted more like wine and less like  sweets, but maybe someone else likes this stuff better.

I did not have food with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment