Sunday, February 17, 2013

14 Feb Tasting - Gabriella Chianti



Name: Gabriella Chianti
Variety: Chianti Blend
Region: Tuscany
Country: Italy
Year: 2008
Price: $7.95

Wine Shop Review: This beautiful wine has the very deep red, almost purple, color that you would expect in a Chianti. The first thing you notice is the fruit, balanced by a bit of spice. It's a good dry wine with a bold flavor. Even with it's boldness, this Chianti is velvety smooth. 

My Review: I haven't had many Chianti wines so I was excited to try it.  As my friend pointed out, it had an aroma like a brand new shoe, which I found really unique; it's always interesting to experience smells that you wouldn't expect from grapes.  It was a really smooth wine, very drinkable, and I felt like this one also had a cocoa flavor.  Decent wine, but nothing really special for me.  

I did not have food with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment