Sunday, February 3, 2013

31 Jan. Tasting - Mars and Venus Chardonnay


chardonnay.jpeg 
Name: Mars and Venus Chardonnay
Variety: Chardonnay
Region: Spain
Country: Spain
Year: 2011
Price: $5.95

Wine Shop Review: A very nice value Chardonnay that comfortably over-delivers vs. its modest price tag. No oak here, just bushels of clean, crisp, Chardonnay apple and stone fruit with a hint of caramelized pineapple.  Juicy and clean, this is a mid-weight white that's just perfect for parties or weeknight sipping.

My Review: This was an unoaked chardonnay, so I was intrigued to see how the Chardonnay grape would taste without the influence of oak.  The wine had a pale yellow color, maybe a little paler than some Chardonnays from the lack of oak.  There wasn't much happening on the nose, a little bit fruity, but nothing overly exciting.  Maybe it's because I'm used to the oak taste, but I found this one lacking something.  It had a thin, tropical fruit flavor, Overall, not a favorite, I wouldn't go out of my way to buy it.  I didn't try this with any food.  

No comments:

Post a Comment