Sunday, February 17, 2013

14 Feb Tasting - Norton Torrontes


Name: Norton Torrontes
Variety: Torrontes
Region: Mendoz
Country: Argentina
Year: 2011
Price: $5.95

Wine Shop Review: Greenish yellow with hints of gold, this Torrontes has intense aromas of white peach, rose petal, and jasmine. Norton Torrontes 2011 is pleasant and well balanced on the palate. 

My Review: This wine had a really distinct floral nose and despite the fruit flavor, it was a dry white.  The clearest smell on the nose was the white peach flavor, which came through on the taste as well.  Even though I haven't gotten really get excited about whites, I was really pleased with this one, and I would probably give it a 7 out of 10.  We ended up getting a Norton Torrontes, but from 2008 rather than the 2011 that we tasted, so I'm eager to see how I like it.  

I did not have food with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment