Sunday, February 17, 2013

14. Feb Tasting - Dom de Mirail Cabernet/Merlot Rose



Name: Dom De Mirail Cabernet/Merlot Rose
Variety: 80% Cabernet Sauvignon, 20% Merlot
Region: Gascony
Country: France
Year: 2011
Price: $5.95

Wine Shop Review: There is a fresh, crisp character to this light rose. It is eye-watering in its refreshing character, with balancing acidity, smoothing out the edges with a touch of caramel. 

My Review: Nice light pink color to this rosé, but I didn't care for the nose at all - to me it smelled like diapers, which is something I've experienced before with rosé wines.  After the nose I wasn't looking forward to the tasting, and it was pretty much what I expected.  It had a playground-wood chip and dirt flavor, so really not my thing.  Of all the wine we tasted today, this was my least favorite.  

I did not have food with this.

1 comment:

  1. Diapers, wood chips, and dirt... that sounds pretty horrendous

    ReplyDelete