Sunday, February 10, 2013

Feb 7th Wine Tasting - Wine Men of Gotham Chardonnay/Semillion



Name: Wine Men of Gotham Chardonnay/Semillion
Variety: 80% Chardonnay; 20% Semillion
Region: South Australia
Country: Australia
Year: 2008
Price:$5.95

Wine Shop Review: Gotham's 2008 Wine Men of Gotham Chardonnay Semillion is a blend of 80% Chardonnay and 20% Semillion. It gives a moderate intensity of melon, guava, apricot, and butterscotch aromas. The medium bodied palate provides attractive acidity along with plenty of tropical fruit flavors and a medium-long finish. 

My Review: This chardonnay had a slightly darker gold color than the Riesling we tasted today, possibly fermented in oak giving it the darker color.  With regards to the nose, there was an apparent butterscotch aroma, and a really light melon quality as well.  This was somewhat different from other chardonnays that I've tasted, probably because of the 20% semillion - I felt like this one had a hollow taste, not quite as full of a chardonnay kick that I like.  Great label though.

I tried this at a tasting bar, and I did not have any food with it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment