Sunday, February 10, 2013

Feb 7th Wine Tasting - Beringer Riesling


image-11-224x300.jpeg

image-11-224x300.jpeg
Name: Beringer Riesling
Variety: 100% Riesling
Region: California
Country: USA
Year: 2009
Price: $5.95

Wine Shop Review: This wine is the perfect balance of honeysuckle and bright peach flavors. A perfect compliment to light fare, appetizers, or just sharing with friends.

My Review: Personally I’m not a big Riesling fan, so I wasn’t that jazzed about this one to begin with.  Unexpectedly though, I liked this one more than I initially thought I would; it wasn’t quite as sweet as some other Rieslings that I’ve had.  Very light, pale yellow color to this white wine.  A nice peach aroma came out pretty clearly on the nose, and that combined with a light honeysuckle flavor taste.  I don’t usually get in to the sweeter wines, but I would drink this one again.

Didn’t have this one with any food.

No comments:

Post a Comment