Sunday, February 24, 2013

21 Feb Tasting - Lost Vineyards Shiraz/Cabernet Sauvignon



Name: Lost Vineyards Shiraz/Cabernet Sauvignon
Variety: 60% Shiraz, 40% Cabernet Sauvignon
Region: Argentina Country
Country: Argentina
Year: Non-Vintage
Price: $4.95

Wine Shop Review: It is dry and contains subtle tobacco undertones with a black licorice, cherry scent. The oak is in the background. Would pair well with hamburgers or a steak rather than stand alone. 

My Review: Like the last one, I felt like it had a black licorice smell.  I like black licorice so I liked both of these wines.  I was curious to see how the shiraz and the cab sauv would work together, and I think this was actually a really good one.  Like the last one, I would want to try it again, and for $4.95, I might go back and pick up a bottle.

I did not have food with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment