Sunday, February 3, 2013

31. Jan Tasting - Georges Duboeuf Beaujolais Nouveau


Name: Georges Duboeuf Beaujolais Nouveau
Variety: Gamay
Region: Beaujolais
Country: France
Year: 2012
Price: $3.95

Wine Shop Review: Bright and tangy, offering a classic banana note on the nose, with flavors of raspberry, wild strawberry and light spice. Modest finish.

My Review: This was another new grape variety for me, but I was pleasantly surprised.  This wine had a pinkish-red color, and a sweet, wild strawberry flavor on the nose.  I was really surprised by the obtrusive fruit flavors - a strawberry and raspberry flavor came through really strong.  For such this price, I was really pleased with how it tasted.  I didn't try it with food but it seems like a really nice picnic wine.  



No comments:

Post a Comment