Sunday, February 24, 2013

21 Feb Tasting - Villa Pozzi Nero D'Avola



Name: Villa Pozzi Nero D' Avola
Variety: Nero D' Avola
Region: Sicily
Country: Italy
Year: 2010
Price: $8.95

Wine Shop Review: Very dark purple, with a reddish-violet edge, typical of this grape. Black plums, a hint of licorice and subtle spice, not overly complex but appealing. A big mouth full of juicy black fruit is well structured by tart acidity and soft but distinct tannins.

My Review: Nice dark red plum color to this wine.  Most apparent to me on the nose was the black licorice smell.  The mouth-feel was pretty astringent, but not too bad.  I was glad to try this grape variety since I had never tried it.  The most apparent flavors were the licorice and plums.  Overall a good wine that I would love to try again, I rated this 8 out of 10 and it was my favorite wine of this tasting.

No food with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment