Sunday, March 31, 2013

Tasting 28. March - Emeri de Bortoli Sparkling Shiraz



Name: Emeri de Bortoli Sparkling Shiraz
Variety: Shiraz
Region: South Eastern Australia
Country: Australia
Year: NV
Price: $9.95

Wine Shop Review: A relatively light, fresh style of sparkling Shiraz, with berries and hints of chocolate picking up just a touch of sweet vanilla on the finish.

My Review: This one was probably the most interesting for this week - I usually like syrah, and this wine was a sparkling red (something that I've rarely tried).  Being kind of a dessert wine, I thought there was a pretty apparent chocolate flavor on the nose.  I found it to be a little sweet, but the chocolate and kind of raspberry flavors worked well, and I did feel like I got a little bit of a vanilla quality with this one too.  
This, along with the previous wine, was my favorite for this week, although thats not saying too much, because I'm not crazy about sweeter wines like this.  Some weeks have 2 or 3 that I find to be great, other weeks just have different ones.
I did not have food with this. 


No comments:

Post a Comment