Sunday, March 17, 2013

JW Morris Gewurztraminer

93198.jpg
Name: Delaney
Variety: Gewürztraminer
Region: California
Country: USA
Year: 2011
Price: $4

Winery Review: A smooth, light wine, enjoyable any time of year with soft sweet flavors.

My Review: This was a really light colored Gewürztraminer.  It had nice, sweet, lychee fruit flavors as well as a little bit of honey suckle on the nose.  The lychee fruit flavor came out as well in the taste, and the sweetness was really apparent.  For the price, it was a really nice light white wine, but I have to admit I don't think I would like it as much without food.    

I had this wine with spicy panang curry, a thai dish.  I thought that the sweet flavors of the wine really worked well with the spicy flavors from the curry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment