Sunday, March 31, 2013

Tasting 28. March - Canyon Road Chardonnay



Name: Canyon Road Chardonnay
Variety: Chardonnay
Region: California
Country: USA

Year: 2011
Price: $6.95

Wine Shop Review: Medium-bodied wine with notes of crisp apple and ripe citrus fruit with a hint of cinnamon spice. Delicious complement to grilled chicken, light pasta dishes or mid cheeses. 

My Review:
 I didn't think this wine was bad - I usually like Chardonnay, and I thought this wasn't a bad attempt.  The color was not particularly dark, so it didn't look to have spent long in oak, and this was kind of confirmed by the pourer, who said that the oak taste imparted was pretty light.  On the nose, I got pear and apple flavors, but it wasn't particularly strong scented.  The taste had some crisp apple elements, along with a light pineapple flavor, and I thought that there was a mild butter taste as well.   My friends weren't really blown away by it, and though I didn't mind it, I probably wouldn't end up getting it, but I do like trying different Chardonnays to try to tell the difference.

I did not have food with this.


No comments:

Post a Comment