Sunday, March 3, 2013

28 Feb Tasting - Cortenova Montepulciano d'Abruzzo


Name: Cortenova Montepulciano d' Abruzzo
Variety: 100% Montepulciano d' Abruzzo
Region: Montepulciano d' Abruzzo
Country: Italy
Year: 2010
Price: $6.95

Wine Shop Review: Deep ruby red color with violet highlights and a pleasant and fruity bouquet. Full bodied, soft tannins and good acidity. Excellent with pasta dishes and red meats.

My Review: This wine finally had a more potent nose than any of the last 3; maybe because it was a red wine, and it had bolder flavors as it is.  It had a really nice aroma, but I couldn't put my finger on the flavors.  For one thing, I thought it had a dark fruit flavor, but I wasn't quite sure if I thought it was plum, cherry, or something else.  It definitely had an oak flavor, and to me, it seemed a little bit like a peppery flavor.  In addition to that, it had a really full body.  I really liked this one, I considered getting it, but I decided on a different (cheaper) bottle.  Maybe next week.  

I did not have this with food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment