Sunday, March 24, 2013

Tasting 21 March - Domaine de Grange de Payan



Name: Domaine de Grange de Payan
Variety: Blended but a majority of Grenache 
Region: Cotes du Rhone
Country: France
Year: 2011
Price: $8.95

Wine Shop Review: Intensely spicy and precise, with lively red berry flavors and a hint of black pepper. The Grenache, which makes up the majority of the wine, is deeper and more powerful, offering cherry and black raspberry qualities lifted by zesty minerality.

My Review: Darker red wine to this one; the pourer told me that there was a small amount of syrah, and I've typically liked the syrah wines that I've tried.  It had a syruppy cocoa aroma, and I almost want to say a chalky or dusty element to the nose too.  This had a heavier body, and it was definitely spicy with a little bit of zest like the review said.  



No food, but this would be easy to pair with some grilled red meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment