Sunday, March 31, 2013

Tasting 28. March - Sainte Victoire Cotes de Provence



Name: Sainte Victoire Cotes de Provence
Variety: Grenache, Syrah, Cinsault
Region: Provence
Country: France
Year: 2011
Price: $8.95

Wine Shop Review: Bright salmon pink; typical of the fresh but warm Provence style. Refined and complex on the nose, with summer fruit and floral notes. Dry and crisp, with a delicate flavor and full texture.

My Review: I had never heard of the Cinsault grape, but I was interested in trying a rose made from syrah grapes.  Although the pourer was enthusiastic about this, I found it to be wanting - it was one of the lightest rosés I've ever seen, so it didn't look to have long contact with the must.  We agreed that the nose had an acrid, burnt rubber smell that seemed to be partially masking a crisp apple element.  I felt like it didn't have much of a taste, and frankly, I found it to be empty with regards to any fruit tastes.

I didn't eat any food along with this wine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment