Sunday, March 31, 2013

Tasting 28. March - Tres Ojos Garnacha



Name: Tres Ojos Garnacha
Variety: Rose
Region: Calatayud
Country: Spain
Year: 2011
Price: $6.95

Wine Shop Review: The wine has a brick red color with a bouquet of red raspberries, spice and white pepper. The palate is incredibly concentrated and rich. The modern styles of Garnacha in Spain are continuously being perceived worldwide as wines of extraordinarily good quality. This wine is fruity, juicy and shows a great depth, ripe tannins, length but yet with wonderful elegance and lightness. Enjoy with sausages, roasted meats, aged cheeses etc.

My Review: Like the previous wine, this had a lighter red color.  The pourer was also enthusiastic about this wine, and I agree that it had some interesting flavors, and it wasn't bad.  I thought I got a kind of tomato or wild cherry smell on the nose, and the taste was more of a raspberry flavor as well as a light pepper (like light black pepper).  I've never had white pepper, but I suppose that is what it would taste like.  

I didn't eat food with this, but it would definitely go well with pasta sauce with sausage.

No comments:

Post a Comment