Sunday, March 17, 2013

Wine Tasting - 9 March



Name: Classic Peach
Variety: Peach
Region: Virginia
Country: USA
Year: 2012
Price: $18

Winery Review: This wine, made from peaches, is distinctly light and refreshing. With a nose of white peach, the wine is a perfect crisp balance of fruit and sweetness. The lingering finish leaves the pallet with a luscious taste of fresh peaches. An excellent choice for brunch!

My Review: I tried this wine over break, and it was unique to me in that it was a fruit wine, so there were no grapes involved.  What struck me most was the versatility of grapes...or maybe the lack of versatility with peach.  Being 100% peach, and fermented in stainless steel, the nose had a strong scent of new peaches...and the taste was very peachy.  Nothing else really stood out to me about this one.  It was the sweetest white that I tasted, and the peach flavors really stood out and blocked just about everything else.  

 
I tried this with jalapeno humus, and maybe that cut a little bit of the sweetness, but the peach flavors were still really apparent.  

No comments:

Post a Comment