Sunday, April 21, 2013

18. April Tasting - Wilson Daniels Sauvignon Blanc



Name: Wilson Daniels Sauvignon Blanc
Variety: Sauvignon Blanc
Region: Central Coast of California
Country: USA
Year: 2010
Price: $7.95

Wine Shop Review: Orange blossom and citrus permeate the aromas. Alluring flavors of orange and grapefruit dominate the palate. Bright acidity balances the plush mouthfeel, resulting in a clean finish.

My Review: This clear, lightly gold colored wine had a citrus component on the nose, I usually go back in forth between lemon and grapefruit as a descriptor for that smell.  I also thought it seemed a little bit floral as well.  It had a light body to it, and I thought that it seemed pretty dry - I'm not quite sure what the orange blossom flavor that the wine shop review is describing, I'd almost like to taste it again to try and pick up better on that.

I did not have food with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment