Sunday, April 28, 2013

25. April Tasting - Lobetia Chardonnay



Name: Lobetia Chardonnay
Variety: Chardonnay
Region: La Mancha
Country: Spain
Year: 2011
Price: $10.95

Wine Shop Review: Organically and naturally grown and made, this wine allows the varietal and the terroir to stand out cleanly. Clean, bright color with a greenish-yellow tone. On the nose, exotic fruits like pineapple. Full flavored, fresh, with good acidity in the mouth, it finishes with tropical fruits.

My Review: This Chardonnay was un-oaked and it came from Spain.  I thought this wine had some really nice tropical and pineapple flavors that were really coming through nicely, the unoaked Chardonnay meant that more of the flavors from the fermented grapes were unaffected in the aging process, and I thought that the flavors from this wine were really bright and noticeable.  More so than the last one, this Chardonnay was almost clear, and it had a nice light-bodied mouth feel.  The pineapple flavors were apparent on the palate, and I really liked this one, it was my favorite of the week.

I did not have food with this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment