Sunday, April 28, 2013

25. April Tasting - Reserve Grand Veneur Cotes du Rhone



Name: Reserve Grand Veneur Cotes du Rhone
Variety: 70% Grenache, 20% Syrah, 10% Cinsault
Region: Rhone Valley
Country: France
Year: 2010
Price: $14.95

Wine Shop Review: As for their other values, the 2010 Grand Veneur Cotes du Rhone Reserve (70% Grenache, 20% Syrah and 10% Cinsault) displays loads of ripe flavors. It is very concentrated for a Cotes du Rhone, and is actually an amazing wine. Classic garrigue, black cherry liqueur,  avender, licorice and spice box are all present in this fullbodied, intense, and rich Cotes du Rhone. This is a sensational effort to drink over the next 4-5 years, although it might last even longer.

My Review: The first thing I noticed about this wine is that it was boxed - I know it doesn't make a big difference, but I have to admit that there is a certain stigma around boxed wines.  Based on the initial aromas, I expected a spicy, peppery flavor from this one, and I was right.  It had a fuller body, and I noticed that it coated my palate.  It had black cherry flavors and a hot, intense, lingering finish.  This wine wasn't really my favorite from this week, but it wasn't bad.

I did not have food with this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment