Thursday, April 4, 2013

4. April Tasting - Veleta Brut Vino Espumoso Rosado



Name: Veleta Brut Vino Espumoso Rosado
Variety: Tempranillo
Region: Granada
Country: Spain
Year: Non-Vintage
Price: $3.95

Wine Shop Review: Rosé salmon with copper reflections. Slow rising fine bubble that forms “lace” and “rosary”. In the nose is complex and elegant with red fruit, citric, exotic, fresh flowers, and notes of dry fruits and dry flowers. Fresh, gentle, and alive. Perfectly integrated “perlage” with serious and subtle flavors of dry fruits, pomegranate and lemonade. Long lasting scent of flowers and herbs.

My Review:
 This wine was particularly effervescent.  It had a kind of dark pink hue, and a strange nose - I felt like I got some strange smells that I couldn't necessarily describe well; Becky thought it had toast-like smell, but I'm not entirely sure. It was bubbly and very dry, and the taste was strong, alcoholy, and maybe a little bit of a lemon quality to it.  I thought it was a little bit overpowering, so I'm not really sure, I don't think I liked this one.  But my roommate accidently got a bottle of it thinking it was something else, so we'll try it again this weekend and see what we think.

I didn't have this with food, but I think it would go well with fish.




No comments:

Post a Comment