Sunday, April 14, 2013

11. April Tasting - Wilson Daniels Merlot



Name: Wilson Daniels Merlot
Variety: Merlot
Region: Central Coast of California
Country: USA
Year: 2010
Price: $7.95

Wine Shop Review: Made predominantly from Paso Robles grapes, the wine is fullbodied and silky yet robust, with aromas of black cherry and plum and a palate of blackberry, raspberry and blueberry jam laced with vanilla and toast.

My Review: This Merlot was bordering between red and violet, so a little bit on the dark side.  I really liked the smells of this one, it seemed like a full-bodied red with the darker fruit aromas like ripe cherries.  On the palate I found this one to be slightly hot with an astringent mouth feel, medium body, and I found it almost a little bit jammy.  It was definitely toasty, and I'm glad that I was able to pick that out so confidently.

I did not have food with this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment