Sunday, April 28, 2013

25. April Tasting - Lobetia Tempranillo



Name: Lobetia Tempranillo
Variety: Tempranillo
Region: La Mancha
Country: Spain
Year: 2011
Price: $10.95

Wine Shop Review: Organically and naturally grown and made, this wine allows the varietal and the terroir to stand out cleanly. It shows a nice cherry color with a violet shade because of its youth. Red berries and cherries on the nose. On the palate it is fresh, slightly astringent, and harmonious with a long finish.

My Review: This wine had a bright ruby color, and the pourer told us that this one was a younger wine.  It had some nice kind of fruity, blackberry or cherry aromas.  I found this one to be more of a medium-bodied wine, as opposed to the first two of this week.  I thought it had a really pleasant taste, with a mild vanilla/cedar flavor, so I assume that this spent a little bit of time in oak.  While I thought this would be a good wine to drink alone, I think that it would probably be better with spicy steak fajitas or something along those lines.  

I did not have food with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment