Sunday, April 21, 2013

18. April Tasting - Concannon Shiraz



Name: Concannon Shiraz
Variety: Shiraz
Region: Central Coast of California
Country: USA
Year: 2008
Price: $7.95

Wine Shop Review: This is an extremely rich, full-bodied wine with a dark fruit core. Aromas of blackberry, blueberry, cassis and dark cherry are followed by more berry fruits and chocolate and mocha on the palate.

My Review: This one had a darker color, and I really noticed a lot of flavors on the nose.  I picked up some black pepper, and once again a kind of water chestnut aroma - although I may be calling it that when it's closer to cashew, I'd have to try it again.  Then, in addition to those flavors, I got either a blackberry or raspberry jam kind of aroma.  I thought it was really good, full bodied, with a kind of cocoa or mocha taste.  Once again, it was slightly peppery with berry flavors.

I did not have food with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment