Sunday, April 28, 2013

25. April Tasting - Trattoria Busa Alla Torre Da Lele



Name: Trattoria Busa Alla Torre Da Lele
Variety: Pinot Grigio
Region: Veneto
Country: Italy
Year: Non-Vintage
Price: $7.95

Wine Shop Review: Named after the famous restaurant in Italy! This is their house white wine! Coppery color from extended skin contact, round and rich texture with juicy melon aromas and flavors with a sweet fennel note on the ultra smooth finish. Great value Grigio! Drink now.

My Review: This wine had a pale yellow color, bordering on clear. On the nose I definitely picked up on the melon elements, I also felt like there was a light honey or honeysuckle component behind that. I definitely thought I picked up on some of the honey flavors on the taste, and the melon flavors also came through on the palate, although this wine was fairly light-bodied and not particularly strong with regards to its flavors. Our pourer explained that this wine was named after a restaurant, and being an old-world styled wine, this would likely do best with food.  If I were to pair this with food, I think I would go with a risotto or fettuccine carbonara.  

I did not have food with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment