Sunday, April 21, 2013

18. April Tasting - Black Ridge White Zinfandel



Name: Black Ridge White Zinfandel
Variety: White Zinfandel
Region: California
Country: USA
Year: Non-Vintage
Price: $3.95

Wine Shop Review: This fruit forward White Zinfandel displays fresh aromas and crisp flavors of strawberry, raspberry, and cherry. It is incredibly food friendly and will pair well with burgers, sandwiches, fruit salad, and more.

My Review: This wine had a light pink color, one of the lighter Roses that I've seen at the vintage cellar this semester.  On the nose, I got some apparent berry flavors, the descriptors of strawberry, raspberry and cherry all seemed to be fairly easy to pick up on.  I actually really liked the taste of this one, I thought it had really nice strawberry flavors without being too sweet.  Despite my predisposition to not like it because of what Professor Boyer says about White Zinfandel, I can see why this is a popular wine.

I did not have food with this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment